Friday, February 18, 2011

Quite the day for Radiohead fans. Checked into their Dead Air Space website this morning (http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/), found out that the album was available a day early, got the download done and have given it one listen in its entirety, found it phenomenal. Before hearing it, I was of the mind that they wouldn't be able to make the kind of progression that we've become used to hearing throughout their career; I didn't see how they would move past In Rainbows, in other words. But they have. This album has complexity and depth of a kind that I'm not sure I've heard on a rock album before. Many of the early reviews have pointed out that this is a record that will require a lot of listening, and therefore strong opinions of any kind should be avoided at this stage, and I don't disagree, but it's not going to stop me: The King of Limbs is a high-water mark in rock history. More on it in posts to come, but in the meantime, a few more listens needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment