Sunday, February 13, 2011

After hearing a not very good cover of a Dylan tune in a coffee shop earlier today, it made me want to hear something by the man himself. So I listened to the excellent live album called The Bootleg Series Volume 5: Bob Dylan Live 1975, The Rolling Thunder Revue which was released in 2002. The opening track, his version of "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" recorded at the Montreal Forum, is one of the greatest concert openers I've ever heard on a live record. It's simultaneously ferocious and lyrical, just an amazing performance. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on YouTube, but take my word for it, if you haven't heard it, you must. Anyway, here's a really good performance of a great song with a great title, "Tangled Up in Blue", from the same era: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSZvHqf9qM.

No comments:

Post a Comment