Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a great month March 2011 has been for rock and roll fans. Not only did we get a new (and tremendous) Radiohead album, not only do we have a new one by the Strokes to look forward to (it's to be called Angles, apparently, and its release date is March 22), but the New York Dolls have just released their fifth album (the third of their 21st century comeback), Dancing Backward in High Heels, and after a listen to all the tracks I could find on YouTube (I'll be picking up the CD tomorrow, I hope), my first impression is that it's another great one. The first thing you'll notice is its sound. It's unlike anything the band have done before, and yet it's rooted in the band's past and logical for their future, as well. I'll be writing more about the record in a week or so, assuming I can get the album, but it certainly looks like they've done it again. That's a five for five ratio in the great albums versus number of albums released category, by the way. Here's the opening track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmzFpt9_xck&feature=related.

No comments:

Post a Comment