Sunday, January 23, 2011

I must say that making the list of my top ten Beatles songs turned out to be good fun. I think I'll do some more lists in the posts ahead for some of my other favourite groups. The Stones, Led Zep, Radiohead, Steely Dan, Wilco, and Sly and the Family Stone come immediately to mind. Wait, there's also the Who and the New York Dolls and Roxy Music and... Maybe it's not such a great idea after all. We'll see.

Speaking of the Dolls, apparently we have a new album to look forward to (Dancing Backward in High Heels) within a couple of months. Can't wait. Their last two (you know, the ones released in 2006 and 2009, after a short hiatus of thirty-two years), One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This and Cause I Sez So, are both among the very best rock and roll albums ever made (as were their first two, but we knew that already), up there with the best work of any of the artists mentioned above. Like I said: Can't wait. Here's "Dance Like a Monkey": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_XEiV-l97o (opening line: "You designed so intelligent/ Ain't no way that was an accident...")

No comments:

Post a Comment