Friday, August 13, 2010

Just a short note today regarding what I'll be writing about over the next few days. I mentioned George Jones yesterday, and have spent some time listening to the great man today. It occurred to me that a good way of describing him would be as the Frank Sinatra of country music. And then I realized that I haven't written about Frank yet, either. I'll correct those two situations very soon. I've also been remiss in not putting down some thoughts on the ne plus ultra of rock instrumentalists: Jimi Hendrix. I'll be writing about him and other great rock six-stringers, including Clapton, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Duane Allman in the next week or so as well.
As always, my focus will be on enriching the listener's experience (I hope) with all music, by presenting the best examples I can find from my own sonic adventures. (Suggested listening: "He Stopped Loving Her Today", "All or Nothing at All", "Crosstown Traffic", "Driftin' Blues", "Born Under a Bad Sign", "Crossfire", "Stormy Monday")

No comments:

Post a Comment