Thursday, July 15, 2010

By the way, my name is George Wall and I am a guitarist and occasional composer who started this blog about a month or so ago. My idea was to focus on the listener's experience with music. Here are some of my reasons for doing so: 1. People who participate in music always begin as listeners. 2. To improve one's listening ability can help in any other challenge one faces. 3. I've been very fortunate to learn a lot from teachers, musicians, family and friends - and I'd like to pass on as much of it as I can. (I hope I can remember all of it.) I should also mention that the opinions you read in this blog are mine alone - in case there's some blame to be dished out at some point. 4. I love music, and I'm enjoying trying to explain why.
Here is the link to the MySpace page of my rock and roll jazz duo:

http://www.myspace.com/moondogduo

and another to hear some of my piano pieces:

http://www.myspace.com/georgelbwall

I'll be writing about Bob Dylan tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment