Sunday, November 21, 2010

I can't verify the following story - I heard it from a recording engineer some years back - but it does have a ring of truth to it, so here it is. Apparently when the great Montreal-born rock singer Michel Pagliaro was recording his biggest English-language hits in London in the seventies, he had to do all of the backing vocals himself. The reason was that his singing was so perfectly in tune that even the slightest variation in pitch from any other singer would have been clearly audible. As I mentioned above, I can't be sure if the story is true, but I do know that Pag is one of the great singers in rock and roll. Here's "Lovin' You Ain't Easy", from 1971: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BTGK6yfcw. Let me know what you think - do all the voices belong to Pag?

No comments:

Post a Comment